Can you ever have too much of a good thing? Not when it comes to facts that could shape your marketing strategy. A second edition of our previous fact post, here are 33 more riveting stats that could impact your strategies.
- Pinterest drives twice the website referral traffic of LinkedIn, Google+ and Twitter combined. Tweet this!
- There is a 50% crossover between Instagram and Twitter. Tweet this!
- Women are 4 times more likely to be Pinterest-ers when compared to men. Tell everyone this!
- An average of 55 million photos are shared on Instagram per day. Tweet this!
- Pinterest outperforms Twitter and LinkedIn in the time spent on each network. Tweet this!
- A third of consumers say social platforms are the way they discover new products and brands. Tweet this!
- National Geographic is the most followed business account on Instagram. Follow them!
- There are more than 20 million fake Twitter users on the platform. Prove you’re not a phony! Tweet this!
- Half of all clicks on mobile banner ads are on accident. Tweet this!
- Facebook posts with less than 250 characters get 60% more engagement. This has less than 250! Tweet me!
- Videos on landing pages increase conversions by 86%. Tweet this!
- 7% of Americans have never heard of Facebook. Do you wish you were one of those people? Tweet this!
- Tweets with 1-2 hashtags get 21% higher average engagement. Tweet this!
- Tweets with more than 3 hashtags get 17% less engagement. Tweet, tweet!
- Inbound marketing delivers 54% more leads when compared to traditional outbound marketing. Tweet this!
- Three of the five most retweeted Vines ever are by videos made by musicians. Tweet this!
- YouTube reaches more U.S. adults 18-24 years old than any cable network. Tweet this!
- 74% of brand marketers saw an increase in web traffic after committing to 6 hours on social media a week. What about 6 hours a day? Tweet this!
- Almost half of all Pinterest activity is on a tablet. Tweet this!
- 40% of small business say social media is amplifying word of mouth referrals. Tweet this!
- 49% of consumers use Facebook to search for restaurants. We’re hungry!
- Facebook surpasses search results and blog posts for influence of baby product purchases. Tweet this!
- 44% of women say their favorite blogger influences their purchase decisions. Who’s your favorite?
- 60% of all social media traffic to business to business websites come from Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Tweet this!
- 33% of traffic from Google click the very first item listed. Are you #1?
- Women are more likely to find holiday food and recipe inspiration from bloggers than Pinterest, magazines, or family and friends. Tweet this!
- $515 is the average amount US households spend on gifts, but 70% say they would go over budget for an online deal. Pricey!
- 78% of CMO’s think custom content is the future of marketing. Tweet this!
- DIY, tutorials and recipes get a 42% higher click through rate than any other pin types. Tweet this!
- 34% of tech companies have reduced their traditional advertising budget to fund digital marketing activities. Tweet, tweet!
- A call to action pin description gets 80% more engagement. Tweet this!
- 57% of marketers have obtained a customer through their blog. Tweet this!
- Twitter has the highest influence of electronic purchases than Facebook, online advertising, and search results. You know what to do!
Have you changed your marketing strategy yet?
2 thoughts on “33 More Compelling Statistics That Will Power Your Marketing Strategy”
Great stuff but would love to see references. 🙂
Mark, we would be happy to. Are there any specific ones?