Fact: We’re addicted to statistics over here at Rocket Post.
Is your seat belt on? Here are 33 more (plus an extra 1) marketing facts. (Did you miss the previous two stat-laced articles?)
- 8% of Internet users account for 85% of online display ad clicks. Tweet this!
- In 2013, 62% of emails were opened on a mobile device. Mobile is important. Tweet me!
- Brands that create an average of 15 blog posts per month, receive 1,200 new leads per month. Tweet this!
- 69% of content marketers feel a lack of time is their greatest challenge. Tell everyone this!
- More people own a mobile device than a toothbrush. Creepy or amazing? Tweet it!
- Grandparents are the fastest growing demographic on Twitter. Grandpa? Grandma? Tweet so you can tell them hello!
- According to trends, the larger the company, the more diverse the social media marketing support. Tweet this!
- 75% of the engagement on a Facebook post happens in the first 5 hours. Tweet, tweet!
- 40% of YouTube traffic comes from mobile. Tweet, tweet!
- 1 in 5 divorces is because of something on social media. Oooops! Tweet this to stop another divorce!
- Social media influences 93% of shoppers’ buying decisions. Tweet, tweet!
- Every month, there are more than 10.3 billion Google searches. How many of those searches are yours?
- The top 4 positions, those considered above the fold, receive 83% of first page organic clicks. Tweet, tweet!
- Nearly half of consumers say they won’t return to a website if it doesn’t load properly. Tweet, tweet!
- So far in 2014, one in four mobile phone users will redeem a coupon via mobile device. Tweet, tweet!
- Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing, and generates about 3 times as many leads. Wow!
- Interesting content is one of the top three reasons why the audience will follow a brand on social media. Tweet, tweet!
- Companies will active blogs receive 97% more leads. Show me the leads!
- By the end of 2014, mobile is predicted to surpass desktop Internet usage. Tweet, tweet!
- 20% of the search terms typed into Google have never been searched before. Tweet, tweet!
- Blog articles with images gather 94% more views. Utilizing images?
- Companies will less than 10 employees allocate 42% of their marketing budget to content. Tweet, tweet!
- 57% of marketers report custom content is their top marketing priority for 2014. Tweet, tweet!
- Consumers who receive email newsletters spend 82% more when they buy from the company. Tweet, tweet!
- Blogs give websites 434% more indexed pages. Tweet, tweet!
- 73% of business-to-business marketers are producing more content than they did a year ago. Tweet, tweet!
- One fourth of searches are conducted on mobile devices. Mobile, mobile!
- Companies that blog generate 67% more leads per month than those who don’t. Tweet, tweet!
- Content creation is linked as the single most effective search engine optimization technique. Tweet, tweet!
- Per dollar spent, content marketing generates more than 3 times the number of leads as paid search. Tweet, tweet!
- 70% of mobile searches lead to online action within an hour. Is your website mobile yet? Tweet your webdesigner!
- 46% of shoppers say they are less likely to shop around if they are using a company’s mobile app. Tweet, tweet!
- The average cost to generate a lead through inbound marketing ($140) is about half of the average for outbound marketing ($375). Cha-Ching!
If you looked at the world’s populations, and included the world’s social media platforms, the new world population breakdown would look something like this:
Now this one you have to tweet!
Is your guilty pleasure statistics now? They should be, because these numbers and percentages can and will fuel your marketing strategy.