Insects outnumber humans 100,000,000 to 1.
The people of France eat more cheese than any other country in the world.
Karaoke means empty orchestra in Japanese.
78% of Facebook users are mobile-only.
Which one of these is not like the other? Which one of these facts will elevate a brand’s marketing strategy? Unless you own a cheese company who specializes in insect-flavored cheeses, that are only sold to karaoke-ists in Japan, I would guess the latter.
Here is the fourth edition of these addicting factoid cheat sheets. (Did you miss our other three editions? Here they are: Edition 1, Edition 2, Edition 3)
Take a look at these new statistics that can skyrocket and caffeinate your marketing tactics, if applied strategically.
- When exposed to Promoted Tweets followers spend 29% more from that brand when compared to organic tweets. Tweet this!
- Brands lose 15% of new Twitter followers within 3 weeks due to lack of engagement. Don’t loose any more followers. Tweet this!
- Females are twice more likely to follow a healthy snack brand on social media than her male counterparts. Tweet this!
- Thanks to Pinterest, 19% of pinners spend more during the holidays. Cha-ching, cha-ching!
- Internationally, 44% of people never take an action on a social media advertisement. Are you wasting your money on social advertisements?
- 56% of online content is shared on Facebook, compared to 12% for Pinterest, and 7% through email. Tweet this!
- Pinterest activity peaks at 9pm, whereas Facebook and Twitter have the highest activity at 11am. Tweet this at 11am!
- 60% of Twitter users who tweet about reality shows, do so while not watching them. Tweet this!
- 71% of social media users are more likely to purchase from a brand they follow across their social media channels. Tweet this!
- After meeting someone, 29% of American adults will research them on social media. Freaky? Or flattering?
- 700 YouTube links are shared on Twitter every minute. Share this like 700 times every minute!
- Half of all consumers feel a brand’s Facebook page is more useful than the brand’s website. Tweet this!
- The demand for content creation among marketers has increased more than 70% over the last year. Tweet this!
- 49% of marketers have no idea what native advertising is. Do you know what it is?
- Almost 60% of shoppers trust online reviews, just as much as personal recommendations. Tweet this!
- 74% of Pinterest users get their holiday gift ideas from the pinning platform. Is Santa on Pinterest?
- More than 80% of marketers would increase digital, mobile and social channel dollars if they could better track ROI. Tweet this!
- Only 36% of marketers who publish branded content, think they are doing so effectively. Surprising?
- Americans share Pinterest content 3 times more often on their mobile devices, when compared to desktop computers. Tweet this!
- YouTube drives the most engagement traffic of all social media referrals. Tweet this!
- 0.1% of eCommerce customer acquisition comes from Twitter. Larry the Bird kills sales!
- Brand marketing mobile budgets have increase 170% over two years. Tweet this!
- By utilizing video in email campaigns, brands on average, see a 40% rise in revenue. Do you have a video in your email campaign?
- 65% of spenders do not continue using Facebook Ads because they are too expensive. Tweet this!
- Only 9% of US marketing companies have a full time blogger on staff. We are included in that 9%!
- 8 in 10 shoppers have changed their mind about buying a product after reading a negative online review. Are you managing your reviews?
- 68% of millennials won’t make a major decision without consulting their social media audience first. Guilty?
- Custom emails targeted to customer loyalty programs have a 40% higher open rate. Tweet this!
- Business to Business marketers that use Twitter develop twice as many leads as those who do not. You obviously have more leads, since you’re about to tweet this!
- 75% of consumers prefer to receive special offers over any other form of call to action. Tweet this!
- Email marketing has an average return on investment of $44, for every dollar spent. Tweet this!
- 79% of online shoppers would rather get free shipping on their purchases than a discount on their total. Hello free shipping coupon?
- More than half of US smartphone addicts use their devices while out shopping. Guilty again?
Are you already tweaking and changing your marketing tactics? You should be. Especially if your brand is on social media, sells a product or service online, utilizes content marketing, or puts email marketing to the test. Ready, set, send me a free shipping coupon for insect flavored cheese!